Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Uninvited Swamp/Snot Monster

This is the most fitting title I could think of. I try to think of something catchy that someone else will look and say, "wow, maybe she got a picture of Bigfoot in her backyard. I better go look." And like all embellished titles it's not nearly what you expected.

Rowan was/is sick. This started...ohh..Sunday evening with coughing. Turned into low grade fever and coughing on Monday. She was supposed to have conscious sedation at the dentist's, who of course refused to do anything since she was sick. This was just great for my husband who had kept her awake into the wee hours because they told him to.

When I came home Monday evening it was a full blown snot fest. She also had the pitiful cracking voice. When I walked in I heard a weak little sound saying, "hi, Blob." This means Hi Mom in stuffed up nose speak.

When Rowan is sick it takes on Dickens' proportion. Kind of like having a Tiny Tim with his little crutch. This is because although she is only 3 she is a great actress. She can even put her hand on her forhead and "swoon."

All of that to say I was supposed to be working on a gazillion other things. Instead, I think I learned the whole theme song for Ni Hao Kai-Lan. I can now cross that off my things-to-accomplish-in-life list. I also worked on my coupons and battle plan for the sales this week.

This evening, after being on a solid diet of Tylenol, Motrin, oatmeal, Zyrtec, and green beans with ketchup, Rowan seems to be coming round and it looks like she will pull through this plague.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I can get some things done. Otherwise I will be learning another theme song. Or God forbid...I will have to organize something.

No comments:

Post a Comment