Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009




Cash 4 Clunkers!


This is what struck my mind as we were clearing the area of the yard we're working on and getting ALL of Bean's toys out of the way. We call it Bean's Used Car Lot. Does she use any of these? Not really. I can definitely see a couple going into the yard sale we want to have in the fall.

We are still working on the backyard and will be for all of eternity. This may sound like an exageration but until we move it will be a never ending project. This is the latest plant I put in. I was really just showing the shade effect from the rocks. This will end up being more of a 'peek-a-boo' garden. I'd like to get it more towards English garden, but one thing at a time, right?



This is the finished product for yesterday. I had just finished laying the pavers by the bar-b-que and sat down when Jace came outside, pretending not to see the pavers, and said, "now my next job is to get the bar-b-que moved to the other side." Ensuing delerious laughter. He's decided the wall needs to be built at least 18 inches in height. So more rock hunting! But probably not till next week.




This is what the paver pathway is looking like so far. I'm thinking we will fill in with decomposing granite. And one paver I will flip because I just don't like it. C'est la vie! It's a perfectionists life.





I am so excited about doing this project! I'm giving my living room a new look for $15. How fun is that?! It's also the subject of my next blog...See you then!






No comments:

Post a Comment