Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Round 2 and smellin the roses

So I am gradually feeling better since my relapse because I overdid it at work. Today I went out and played! I got a new book at the library. I went to the eye doctor and got some new eyeballs that should be here on Thursday. Then it was off to that glorious crafters haven...Hobby Lobby. Also stopped by Walmart and here's the best of what I got. Stuff to make Rowan a dress she doesn't deserve. A game of Scrabble. This is hard to find. I think because kids don't know how to spell anymore. Maybe they should have Scrabble, the text version. A clear container. A cherry pie, because healthy eating made me sick. Decorative grasses and a black and cream stationary box.

I used the decorative grasses in the vase on my entry table. So far this is what I've got. I'm a slow decorator.

The black and cream stationary box went on the t.v. table. If you want to see the full table it's in the 2010 IKEA catalogue on page 83. I lurve that store. The table is just over 6 ft long with adjustable shelves. Perfect for different size baskets or objects.

And this is what I did with the Scrabble letters. It's a great element since I'm loving the black and cream right now. If you decide to do this it is not as simple as throwing the letters in a jar. No matter how hard you try they will always end up facing blank tile up so you will have to put them in one at a time with letters up. This is before Rowan got home from school. This is the best it will ever look. Really.


Hopefully I will keep getting better and will have something interesting to blog about soon.




1 comment:

  1. LOL about the scrabble letters! I loved your comment on my blog and had to laugh because no sooner had I finished my little setup, when Lily rearranged the letters to spell "sent". I should consider myself lucky that she didn't try to find the letters to spell "booger"! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete