Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A view of parts of my day

My day started out very nice. I got up early since I had a doctor appointment (getting to that) and drank coffee and read email. Lo and Behold! Can it be? Austin Celtic Festival tickets are on sale! I promptly buy 2 (kids under 12 are free) and will impatiently wait till November 7th. I will probably be beyond annoying because I loved going last year. I might even participate in one of the workshops. Look out Riverdance!

Then I was off to the House of Horror Ear, Nose, Throat doctor. They use items like these to test your hearing, and look up your nose. It was interesting but I don't know exactly what they were doing. The results came back that my hearing was in the "normal" range and they didn't need to do anything at this time. I'll let you know what I think of that in a moment. But I also got put on a course of steroids because my nose freaks out when I get sick.

I have a love/hate relationship with steroids that is very easily solved and my doctor knows how to do this. The fabulousness/problem with steroids is they make me a very happy busy lunatic. I want to clean the entire house, mow my yard, mow my neighbor's yard, mow the whole block. Finish every project and start a hundred more. All 24/7. But life will not let you stay up 24 hours a day for a week. Jace & Rowan would want to sleep and me being up all night doesn't go over well. I started the steroids this afternoon and I know by morning I will spring out of bed like Wonder Woman with a cat on her head! I do have some mulch work that needs to be done... Where is that flood light? I have time right now! Luckily my doctor has supplied me with a "balancing" agent, otherwise known as a knock-you-on-the-head-with-a-hammer sleep solution. This is a catch 22 because I will sleep but in the morning I will be well-rested with plenty of energy. I will update you on my accomplishments.

After my wonderful doctor visit I came here. One I was very hungry, and two I was going to get my hair cut. I call this place Taco Cablamo. Nothing wrong with the food, I just like to give places my own name. They probably wouldn't see the humor in it...


So now with a happy tummy I went to get a hair cut. Just a trim and shape please. The girl stands right next to me and says, "how are you spending your day today?" I say, "I'm fine thanks." sigh Did I not just get a hearing test and it was "normal"? So I can't understand her question when she's standing right next to me. Now I'm depressed.


I came home and got the finances all caught up and the coupon train. Very busy things. I have a magazine to get started and a million other relaxing things because it's evening and INEEDTORELAX!!! Jace comes home and gives me these...beautiful gold earrings designed by someone somewhere. I'm wearing them right now. I love them. ( Jace reads this blog) I was very surprised because I can't remember the last time I got real jewelry. I'm very picky and don't wear a lot of jewelry anyway. It was a moment of "Awww." Then he made dinner. Very good. Double Awww. I married him for reasons like these. He knows how to make my day great!



























No comments:

Post a Comment