Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rough Drafts and Things I'm Working On

I was reading a blog the other day and it mentioned things that sometimes happen when writing a rough draft and what eventually makes it into the post. The blog said a bunch of other mumbo jumbo but this is what I remember most. A rough draft. That really made me chuckle. I've never written a rough draft before. It has occured to me to write one, but would it spoil the spontaneity?

So in the quest for an ever better blog I may start doing the rough draft thing. But not today. Today I'm working on the blog appearance. You'll notice different tidbits popping up on the side. These should relate to things I'm working on or have finished.

Speaking of things I'm working on. I have several goals in progress. I would like to read one book per month. I have technically done this for January. I'd like to be able to jog for at least a mile. I suck at exercising. Get the gardens ready for spring planting. It's harder than you think to go outside and do prep work and build raised gardens and rock walls when it's cold! It doesn't sound like a lot but when these are accomplished I can add different goals.

I'm hoping to achieve many things this year and will gladly report all my successes...and maybe failures. I'll leave you with a quote I heard today. "Berlin is a perfect example of what it means to not speak out, not stand up for your beliefs." -Samantha Brown

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on the path of good resolve. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Zen Mama is a hoot if you get a chance to read her blog.

    ReplyDelete