Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Hero, Mr. Manly Man...part 2

Yesterday you will remember the dental ordeal I was going through and how Jace is super efficient at fixing that stuff. I kid you not, here's how it went down:

Jace calls the place and the person we need to talk to just happened to be walking by the phone and answered it...I couldn't even get past the girl at the front desk yesterday. He says "I'm Jace Felton" and they tell him, "oh yes, let me find out if they reversed that charge. No, but I'll do it right now. There, it's all fixed." He spends about a minute explaining the insurance we now have, because we have our cards, and this is how we will be billed. Lady says "no problem, of course sir." End of conversation. Took maybe 5 minutes. It would have taken me months of arguing and maybe a lawyer to get that fixed. But luckily I have Jace.

Jace, who tells me, "I better get a mention in that blog of yours." I say, "you want free promotional space?!" Apparently it's called bragging rights. So there you go folks. Jace Felton is my super hero manly man for saving me once again from a possible police involvement altercation. Thank You Thank You Thank You!


To celebrate my escape from going to the slammer we decided to spend the day outdoors in the garden. The first pic is Mr. Manly Man working on a birdhouse while listening to Metallica on the Disney Princess CD/microphone/MP3 player thing. The irony was just interesting. The second is me doing yard work. Why yes, I always wear earrings to do manual labor. The third is our dog Onslo getting busted eating my spinach down to a nub. Do dogs like spinach? It was bizarre.
This is a humming bird feeder that Jace made from an old olive oil bottle. I don't know if it will work. Looks like it should.

This is a birdhouse...in the functional sense. This house looks more like a winter lodge. Kind of quirky and peculiar but fits right in.

They stenciled some butterflies, bees, frogs, and dragon flies. Jace put it up in a tree and hopefully it will not fall and kill me. This house weighs around 30-40 pounds. I call it the Iron Maiden bird house because of all the nails, etc. But I can't wait to see what kind of bird will live in it.

And finally, here's Rowan, my rock and roll daughter. She's wearing her winter hat with a pompom on top and playing her electric guitar. Her...father...is teaching her all the 80's big hair rock bands way to stand and stick out her tongue. Charming...





No comments:

Post a Comment