Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A casual day

I have today off and we are spending it here at home doing a bunch of nothing. Rowan pretty much thinks this is the end of life as her parents are so old and boring. I think a nursing home is probably more exciting today than here.

I have spent today laying on the couch. Drinking coffee, eating cinnamon rolls, painting my fingernails and toenails, and watching foreign films.

Why are we so boring today? Because I have yet another illness. This time it's just a cold. Just a cold. Thinking back I believe someone in this house has been sick every single week since October. We've scrubbed and cleaned and scoured and bleached. All to no avail.

I'm blaming Rowan's petri dish of a school she attends. Here's the routine: Go to school on Tuesday. Start coughing on Thursday. Full sickness Friday morning or evening. Sick all weekend. Miss school Monday. Well by Monday evening. Repeat.

You would think there would be a limit to the number of diseases she could bring home. This does not bode well for her career in public school. I have serious doubts that she will make it through the school year. I'm just waiting for the letter from school,"Dear Mr. & Mrs. Negligent Parent. Since your kid, (insert name here), is in such a sickly state and misses sooo much school, we are not getting all our big fat tax dollars. Frankly we are tired of trying to keep up with all that accounting so we are kicking him/her out. Might we suggest the alternative education program down the road, you know the one for other dropouts, gangstas, and other no-goods. Sincerely, Pre-K3 class, We Care About Our Kids."

Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion but I really think I'm going to have a preschool dropout. Maybe that's why homeschooling is looking more attractive. I have to say that I tried some Kindergarten math with Rowan and she did it no problem. But that's another post.

For now I'm going to get under my covers with a good book and sink into the fog of my cold medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment