Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Leftovers

I wanted to post earlier but something unfortunate happened. Rowan "lost" my cable I use to post pics on here. I know, I know, I told you she is well behaved and she is. She's also many other things. Inquisitive demon child and curious, and focused on many things senile . I have tired of this game of hide and seek..oh about the time when she was 1 and managed to hide the car keys behind the kickboard on a book case. Yeah, who does that? I gave up and purchased a new one which I will keep staple gunned to my head so I will know where it is at all times. I can just tell everyone I am a cyborg mom, which might be kinda fun.

I wanted to post pictures of our 2 sunflowers. They finally bloomed. The small one is around 6 feet tall and the big one is around 9 feet. They've been very beneficial with getting bees and butterflies to come hang out at our garden. It's also been a great flower to teach Rowan about flowers because it's so freaking huge.


The flower is bigger than my head. The leaves are bigger than my head.



I finally picked one of our ears of corn. It's gorgeous. Tastes a little sweet. I foresee fights over who gets the last ear of corn.




This is my update to the Hobby Lobby disaster. This was one of the patterns I was getting. I made Rowan her first apron. Awww..how adorable. Now get to work, Cinderella! She loves it and it was done with scraps from other projects. She matches the curtains and throw pillows. How very Scarlett O'Hara.



This is my other project I just finished. It's a throw pillow that I like to call a journey pillow. It's done using a blank throw pillow I bought at Walmart. I used felt for some pieces and left over fabric for other pieces. There's also a couple of buttons on there. The pillow basically tells a story about me and my two friends and how we are all tied together. It shows things we've done and things we're doing now. I can add things to it as time goes on. It's the most meaningful throw pillow in the house. I hope it inspires you to make your own journey pillow or quilt. Something I read in a crafting book is that it's not about making something perfect, it's about making it yourself and it has meaning.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh. You made a little tear well up in my eye. Love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete