Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Life of Luxury...

After the glorious day at the Farmers Market I decided to become deathly ill. Any illness I contract is quite deadly because it means one thing: I have to stay in bed. I hate staying in bed when I know there are a milliondee-twenty things I could be doing. And it's sunny.

I usually stare hopelessly at the ceiling counting the dust bunnies that live up there, and watching my life pass before me. I also did something that I, myself hate to do: I took a nap. That's right. I said it. Nap. I know other people enjoy, even love their naps, but I hate losing that time when I could be doing something really important. It's that whole midlife crisis thing of feeling that time is running out.

As of now I am still stuck in bed. End of day 2. Everything below the neck feels fine. It's the throat. The best part of this illness is that it's taken my voice. No talky talky. Unless I want the feeling of swallowing razor blades. So there's no voice when I try to talk and it feels like barbed wire and glass when I do try. It reminds me of someone who's playing a really bad recorder, flute or reed instrument. Squeak squeak.

Since I'm feeling better today, I decided to try and be a little more productive while watching movies all day. I watched one movie called International. It's about an interpol agent exposing the evil banking industry and blam blam blam, lots of shooting. I also watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. I felt a little woozily during that one and don't remember much.

I made what I will call a Scarflar. You make it by first messing up a project and then doing something to try and save it. So I messed up on this scarf and just decided to end it and start over on a different one. Instead of unraveling it I sewed a daisy button on one side and it buttons to the other side. Fold the top down and tuck in to whatever you're wearing instead of wrapping a long scarf around you.


Another plus about laying around in bed/house is that sometimes a beauty consultant will come around and give you a free makeover. Can you believe I got this fabulous look for free?! She knows just how I like my makeup.


Until next time, I'll be eating popsicles and watching more movies. I know the pic above looks a little wonky but I don't have the energy to fix it. So..meh.. whatever...

6 comments:

  1. Lanora- "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." We do have the best fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better. That happened to me last summer with the flu. I was out of commission. Grrr!

    I love the make-over :0) My little one gives them to me too. I call it my happy face ;0))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marnie- Thanks! Looks I get a trip to the doctor. I love my makeover, it just seems to be all in green colors, though. (I think she mixes all her makeup together..shh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scarflar! A friend of mine makes those for real - all sorts of 'em. They are great neck warmers or in my case, I like the way the hide the effects aging is having on my neck. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zen Mama- Thanks! My best projects are my accidental ones. I really liked seeing all those blogs. I have to wait till next month to join. Not quite 40 yet and holding out till the very end!

    ReplyDelete