Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let the wailing begin...

I am so full of sorrow. I should be happy as a clam but this picture thing is driving me insane. I'm hobbling along using flickr but it's nowhere near what I'm used to doing...Plugging my phone directly into the computer and having my pictures literally at the tips of my fingers. Now I feel like a kid learning to ride their bike all over again.



Tomorrow is my day of MISSION! I have to get that cable!



Studio Kitchen. It was a really good experience. If you haven't done somethig like this before you should give it a try. I was impressed by the cleanliness of everything. Very good directions and pretty self explanatory. I managed to get 14 meals and a cake done in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Are you kidding me?! Dinner normally takes that long around here anyway, just for one meal. They are so organized at this place. There's no chopping or hunting around for stuff. All that menial peasant prep work is done before you ever get there. And at the end...*Poof* there's no dishes. For reals people! When you turn your back someone will walk by and steal your tub of dirty dishes.



I got my chair today. It's a classic already. I knew this by the way it felt when I looked at it across a crowded room. Jace & Rowan were immediately drawn to it "this is our new story reading chair!" (cheers and lots of bouncing around on it, followed by me yelling "get off my chair!") It's big enough to lean back and snuggle into. Found the one and only blanket I ever crocheted. A cushy pillow. And finally a use for the book Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens. Not to read, people. A foot rest. It's just the right height. So a next mission becomes finding just the right foot stool. I can tell you that the dimensions of this chair are so exactly made for me that I am typing this post in it and the computer isn't precariously dangling on the arm. We all seem to fit just so.



Well, I have tried and tried very unsuccessfully to get things going and it's just not working so I'm giving it up for tonight and will try again tomorrow. Going to go build some furniture now.

No comments:

Post a Comment