Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Update On Life At the Homestead

O.k. here's where I'm at with the running in preparation for the big race on Sunday.  Today I ran the 5k in 52 minutes and 50 seconds.  Yes, it is slower than my last 2 times.  It's still faster than a turtle and under an hour.  I ran slower just to make sure I wasn't overdoing it and beginning to loathe this running thing.  It also makes me feel sick and want to jump off the roof of the house and end it all when I run too fast.  There's lots of rocks here so I would probably do myself in...easily.  One more run tomorrow, rest on Saturday, race on Sunday.

After the race we'll scrape my body off the ground and we'll have a few hours to rest and do some other things before heading to the Celtic festival.  I finished everyone's costumes and I'm looking forward to drinking some Guinness and letting Jace say things like, "wench, grog, I can throw a telephone pole further than that..."

At the house I've been busy working in the garden and I'm really trying to get it in gear for winter.  I've got some nice green things coming up.  I don't remember what I planted a few weeks ago.  The tomatos are putting tomatos out everywhere and I'm just waiting for them to ripen.  Next week I hope to fill in another raised garden and get lettuce, spinach, or onions planted.  I'm not sure...

Today I cooked another pumpkin by steaming it.  I definitely think this is the way to go.  Lots quicker.  My next big project will be learning how to can.  Can you say "botulism?"

No comments:

Post a Comment