Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Craft Riot and New Changes

After a few months of trying, and not succeeding, to write on 2 different blogs, I've decided to consolidate all my personal and business activities here.  On the tabs bar you'll notice a new Product Line tab.  I'll post pics and descriptions of products I'm making.  It will also give you, reader, the chance to order.  I'm not quite to the point of having all that set up.  Currently there are candles cooking and I need to pay attention to those.  I'll also be keeping the MadCityChicks.com site up and will make necessary changes there, too. 

Now that all that boring stuff is out of the way, here's what I did last Sunday.  I had volunteered some time to help work on whatever was needed at Craft Riot!  This is an annual event held by EtsyAustin crafters. 

I arrived early so I could spend some time looking around.  La-La's had one of the most eye catching displays.  It was original and you have to admit they got stationed with really great back lighting.

When you meet you can see why she does this.  She's extremely passionate about her craft and it shows in her work. 


"Inspired by my late grandma I started sewing November of 2007 and I enjoyed it so much that now I just can't stop. I love mixing new and used fabrics to create all kinds of things ranging from clothing and accessories to home decor. Recently I have ventured into the world of knits which is very exciting, but the list does not end there, and since I don't have the typical slim build my goal is to eventually offer cute but classy fashion for other girls with the same fitting challenges. In the meanwhile as I sew my way there I hope that you are able to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor."




   
One of my next stops was talking to Debbie of Debbie Carroll Designs.

"I've been artsy all my life and finally found a great way to channel some of that creativity!I love anything vintage, and that includes not only the variety of vintage beads, findings and other goodies I use in my work, but extends to clothing, furniture and other "junque". I love playing with shapes, colors and using unexpected pairings to keep my jewelry fresh & hopefully, a little bit different!"

She's also very open to talking about the climate of the craft world and gives very helpful advice to newcomers (me). 

I like less ostentatious jewelry and her's had that perfect bit of flair without being overwhelming.


I had fun talking with Becka of Baby Bolt Striking Kidswear.  Her creations made me giggle by catching me off guard.  It's not your usual teddy bear on a baby blue background.  

"In addition to BabyBolt's crazy-cute clothes, you'll also find plenty of functional items to make life easier for parents and kiddos. Pacifier Bibs keep drool in check and the pacifier nearby. Crayon Rolls keep your little artist's tools on hand whether inspiration strikes at a restaurant, car trip, or the doctor's office. New-Baby Gift Sets, available in custom combinations, are the perfect, stress-free gifts that will stand out at any baby shower. "


I'm going to do a part 2 to this topic.  I realized I have a little too much for one post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment